Monday, February 10, 2014

New Hutch

So I finally got a new Hutch for my kitchen, I put the other one in the shop, it was too small for this space, I love this larger one.  I decided to do something different for decorating, since spring should be coming soon (this has been a LONG Texas winter) I decided to do a "spring" theme, and then added some Easter accents.

 
I'm all about details, but details that are CHEAP! Cheap is best!  I love a good deal, speaking of good deals, this baby was only 6.00 at the base thrift shop, one of my favorite places to be!

Love the sweet little chick and blue bird

I found this large Mason Jar at some thrift store for only 4 bucks! I knew I could do something fabulous with it! How cool do these eggs look in my jar? Added a cute wooden bunny for Easter.

 
Plants, are my new thing...can you tell?  I have collected them lately, found a great deal some vendor had their stuff for 75% off!  Yay ME! I bought them all!  I love this bunny too!

Details can be so quick and easy! But make such a difference

This perhaps is my best deal yet, I found these "things" in my yard!  They are the weird growth on my live oak trees!  They look like little moss balls, but you can make a perfect nest for the eggs! This sure beats the $4 cheapy nests at Michaels.  Speaking of Michaels, don't get me wrong, I do love that place, but the other day I was looking for stuff there, and everything was so flippin expensive. I was very frustrated that not much of anything was on sale, well at least not what I wanted to be on sale, and there was this lady next to me and being so completely frustrated with their high prices, I blurted out "Can they be any more expensive?" She laughed, but most definetly agreed!

No comments:

Post a Comment